Dear 18-year-old me,
You just graduated from high school and you’re going to college in a few months. How exciting! I know your excited but nervous and that’s normal. So much change is about to happen so getting rid of the fear is the best advice I could give. The fear of rejection, fear of losing people close you, and the fear of failure will prevent you from living. Guess what, you will get rejected by someone or something. You will fail and you will lose friends. This is a part of life. I need you learn to be okay with not being okay. With every peak, you experience there will be some valleys you must go through. Don’t let this stop you from taking risks. destroy the box you have placed yourself in. Don’t fear the change, embrace it.
You are a talented young woman and don’t forget that when people challenge you. Don’t go against your intuition, trust me it will NEVER fail you. As you move forward, learn how to get rid of people quicker. They can be a comforting part of your life but may not be the best for you. You should learn how to love people from a distance. Take these next years and have serious fun. You have a plan for everything and that isn’t bad however, leave room in your life for spontaneity. Stay prayed up and know that what God has for you is for you!
Lastly, I leave you with some quick tips as you enter this new “adultish” lifestyle.
- Don’t angry tweet. When you mature, and get a time hop, you will be embarrassed all the time.
- Learn how to fill out a tax form so you don’t have to call your mom every time.
- Don’t do more than 5 shots of the devil’s nectar (Tequila) in one night.
- Don’t text or call “him” when you’re drunk. They never forget. lol
- Turn your car lights off so you don’t have to AAA all the time.
- Go to the freaking gym get healthy now. It never gets easier. (Current day that’s what I’m doing however I should have did that before. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
- Look up how to apply make up on YouTube. The blue eye shadow wasn’t your best choice.
- Start couponing. (Start this good habit now. I still don’t clip coupons.)
- You come first, love you more.